?On the eighth day of Christmas, Katie Crafts gave to me…?
A fantastic handmade gift idea for the holiday season! This DIY 2 ingredient Milk & Honey Soap tutorial is so easy you’ll be whipping up homemade soaps for everyone in your family this holiday season! But don’t forget to keep some for yourself!
- Goat’s Milk Soap
- Raw Unfiltered Honey
- Yellow Dye (optional)
- Cut 1/4 (which is about a half pound) of the Goat’s Milk Soap into cubes with a knife. It’s soft so it will cut pretty easily. This will yield three large bars of soap!
- Use a metal spatula or something similar to help you left the cubes out of the packaging and put them into the glass measuring cup. I accomplished this with a pie server!
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Repeat the microwave-30-seconds-&-stir step until everything is melted and liquid. This usually is about 3 to 4 intervals.
- While it’s still hot, add 2 Tablespoons of Raw Unfiltered Honey to the soap. Stir until completely mixed.
- I also stir in three drops of yellow coloring to make it a little more “honey” like in color, but this is completely optional.
- Pour into soap molds and let set in freezer for an hour.
- Remove molds from freezer, turn over and gently pop out the soap bars. If they are still frozen to the molds, use your hand to warm them up for a minute and try again. They should come out fairly easily.
- That’s it! Enjoy your milk and honey soap!
What do you think of my super easy DIY soap recipe? If you decide to use it for a quick holiday gift idea, share a pic in the comments!
6 thoughts on “DIY 2 Ingredient Milk & Honey Soap Tutorial”
Simple and lovely! Thank you, Katie!
I’ve always wanted to try my hand at making homemade soaps. This looks like a great and easy way to start experimenting with that! Thanks for the DIY, Katie.
Share pics if you make them!!
I have never made soap before because I thought it would be way too hard. I think I can handle this though. One question: I see the Amazon link, but where can I get the rest including the molds. Amazon too? Thanks so much…I am a just starting to craft again during a long battle with my Lupus. I think this would be great physical, mental and pain therapy.
Hi Robin! The honey I picked up at a local shop, but you can get it wherever you see it! As long as it’s raw honey. As for the molds…. I did buy them Amazon them a few years ago and I’m not sure of the seller. The name of the mold is “GARDEN BUG SOAP BARS” Hope that helps!
Comments are closed.