?On the eighth day of Christmas, Katie Crafts gave to me…?
A fantastic handmade gift idea for the holiday season! This DIY 2 ingredient Milk & Honey Soap tutorial is so easy you’ll be whipping up homemade soaps for everyone in your family this holiday season! But don’t forget to keep some for yourself!
- Goat’s Milk Soap
- Raw Unfiltered Honey
- Yellow Dye (optional)
- Cut 1/4 (which is about a half pound) of the Goat’s Milk Soap into cubes with a knife. It’s soft so it will cut pretty easily. This will yield three large bars of soap!
- Use a metal spatula or something similar to help you left the cubes out of the packaging and put them into the glass measuring cup. I accomplished this with a pie server!
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Repeat the microwave-30-seconds-&-stir step until everything is melted and liquid. This usually is about 3 to 4 intervals.
- While it’s still hot, add 2 Tablespoons of Raw Unfiltered Honey to the soap. Stir until completely mixed.
- I also stir in three drops of yellow coloring to make it a little more “honey” like in color, but this is completely optional.
- Pour into soap molds and let set in freezer for an hour.
- Remove molds from freezer, turn over and gently pop out the soap bars. If they are still frozen to the molds, use your hand to warm them up for a minute and try again. They should come out fairly easily.
- That’s it! Enjoy your milk and honey soap!
What do you think of my super easy DIY soap recipe? If you decide to use it for a quick holiday gift idea, share a pic in the comments!