Come October, Husband and I will be celebrating 2 years of marriage (and 6 years of dating!) During our year and a half engagement, I spent the majority of my life crafting for the wedding! We wanted nature to guide our theme, as our wedding was outdoors at a beautiful arboretum. I’ve shared a few pics here and there of the big day, but never all my hand-crafted details. Today you get a special look at them!
95% of photography credits go to our fabulously talented wedding photographer, Erika of Little Blue Box Photography. The other 5% are random ones from guests of the wedding and my own pics as I created things in our apartment!
Our wedding took place at Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia, PA. Our wedding colors were brown and green with a splash of purple. Sometimes sage, sometimes kelly green. Sometimes mocha brown, sometimes chocolate. Sometimes plum, sometimes lavender. We used all different hues.
Just about every detail and decoration was made by yours truly, with very few exceptions. A lot of it I made myself to try to save us some money, though at the end of the day some of the DIYs were so frustrating, I should have just paid for them! All in all, I was so thrilled with the way my details turned out, I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
Each and every tablescape was unique: a collection of various old books, pumpkins, candles, balls, plants and more. Each table had a disposable camera on it with it’s own version of “I SPY” so that no two photos would be the same. We haven’t developed these yet!! Hopefully for our two year anniversary we will!!! (Need ideas for your own I SPY game? Here are the lists we used for ours!)
The table numbers were table names, each a different part of Philadelphia. They, along with guests names, were housed in flag form, sticking out of different potted succulents and herbs/veggies.
There was a candy table for guests to take edible favors, because “love is sweet!”
The DIY ‘photo booth’ was a simply hung curtain near a table, which was home to more disposable cameras, Halloween masks, beads, hats, glow necklaces and signs.
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen enjoyed a plethora of handmade gifts, including different superhero cufflinks to match their different superhero t-shirts and different superhero wallets, after ceremony flip flops, necklaces, hair combs and more.
Every item that required lettering, drink menu, place cards, etc., was hand drawn by me.
The guest book was a canvas, where we painted a tree. Guests were to ink up their thumbs and leave a leaf as their signature.
Programs contained sachets of dried lavender to throw after the ceremony in lieu of rice.
The ring bearer’s pillow was a pumpkin I sewed twine to to hold the rings, while the flower girl’s basket was wrapped in ribbons and silk flowers.
The hotel guest bags were filled with personalized water bottles, snacks, itineraries and homemade apple cider caramels.
There are a billion things I made that I’m not even thinking of right now, I’m sure. I wanted to record all the blood, sweat and tears that went in to each project I took on in written form, but I knew I couldn’t juggle finishing everything for the wedding AND a fledgling blog simultaneously, but it’s the reason Katie Crafts began just a few months later. I needed a creative outlet with wedding planning over! Now with my two year anniversary coming up, it’s time to share photos of all my labors of love. Hopefully you future Fall brides will get an idea or two, and I’m happy to help in any way! If you see a DIY you love, let me know and I’ll try to get a full post up on it! For now, enjoy some of my wedding pics and pin what you like!