Eighth Day of Christmas: Winter Manicure
♫ On the eighth day of Christmas, Katie Crafts gave to me- a Manicure Monday design that’s wintery! ♫
Wow, a full week of our 12 Days of Christmas has already gone by! So far we’ve enjoyed a recipe, some festive origami, an easy sewing project, and not one, but two giveaways! All while listening to some holiday tunes! Now it’s time to turn to a beauty post and do a fun little nail art design for Manicure Monday!
- Blue nail polish
- White nail polish or acrylic paint
- Dotting tool or toothpick
- Clear top coat
- Makeup sponge
- Nail polish remover & Q-tip (to clean up around your nails if you make a mess!)
Instructions:Notice the streaks?
- With clean, dry nails, do one coat of blue nail polish and let dry.
- If streaky, do a second coat of blue nail polish and let dry.
- Pour a little of the white nail polish or acrylic paint on to a paper plate (or in my case, a piece of cardboard from a package!) Rip a corner of the makeup sponge off and dab it in the white.
- Gently sponge on some white on the tip of each nail to make it look like accumulated snow. Let dry.
- Go back and do the same thing on the lowest portion of the tip of your nail so that the bottom is more opaque. Let dry.
- Dip the dotting tool or toothpick in to the white and on to your nails to look like little dots of falling snow. Let dry.
- Use clear polish to lock in look. Let dry.
- Clean up your nails from any nail polish that was sponged on your skin.
- Share your nails with Mr. Christmas Owl and enjoy your wintery wonderland look!
- On my thumb nails, since they are bigger, I dabbed the sponge up the sides slightly to look like the snow was accumulating there too- as it would in a window sill. 🙂
That’s it! SUPER easy nail art to enjoy on a snowy day- or any Winter day, really! I love Manicure Monday. What nail design will you be donning this Christmas?