Sometimes you just need an easy and quick meal. I was looking for something to make one night and realized I had all the ingredients for a delicious One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff! The prep time is almost non-existent, everything gets thrown in one big pot and in a mere 60 minutes, you have dinner!
Recipe: One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
Total Time: ~60 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (reserve 1/4 c for later)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups (one quart container) broth or stock**
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 – 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 ounces (half bag) dried egg noodles
*I hate mushrooms, so I did not include them in this recipe! However, cremini or shiitake mushrooms are the typical type to put in a stroganoff.
**This is beef stroganoff, so you will probably want to use beef stock. All I had on hand was chicken broth, so that is what I used- and it was absolutely delicious. Use whatever you have!
- If you haven’t chopped up your onions, rosemary, garlic and mushrooms yet, do so!
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook mushrooms until browned and set aside in a bowl for later. If you aren’t using mushrooms, skip this step.
- Add butter to the large pot. Once it’s melted, add the garlic and onion and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occassionaly. Add ground beef. Cook until browned, about 7 minutes, breaking up any large pieces.
- Add flour, paprika, rosemary and stir until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup wine and lemon juice. Be sure to scrape sides and bottom so it doesn’t stick! Cook for a few minutes to let wine cook down.
- Add broth, last 1/4 c of wine, salt and pepper and stir well. Raise to medium-high heat and bring to simmer.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to medium low. Add noodles (and mushrooms, if you are using them!) Cook noodles according to their package (usually 6-9 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Let cook for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Add extra salt, pepper and rosemary to taste.
- Pair with the rest of your bottle of white wine and enjoy!
What is your favorite one pot meal?