Words For Wednesday: Maintaining Summer
Today is supposed to bring freezing weather and snow to my area. Fun! It made me wish for the days of Summer- though not really. I hate being hot. Maybe Spring or Fall will be better. 😉 Either way, I found this quote by Henry David Thoreau that I thought would be perfect for today!
“One must maintain a little bit of Summer, even in the middle of Winter.”
I was trying to think of ways to “maintain Summer” and came up with a few ideas!
- A beach smelling candle can set the mood
- An indoor picnic will make it feel like a day outside
- Have a summery cocktail with an umbrella
- Hit up an indoor swimming pool or jacuzzi
- Grill things indoors and have a BBQ with friends
- Watch movies about the Summertime while giving yourself a pedicure
- Take a trip to somewhere warmer
What ways are you keeping Summertime alive?